Cedar Bat House - Wide Two Chamber
If you’re looking to build a large bat roosting population and are looking for a bit larger roosting space, this might be the right house for you. Designed specifically for the cooler climates north of the 49th parallel, our Bat Houses meet or exceed the criteria for occupancy success established by the internationally recognized Bat conservation organization, Bat Conservation International. Our Bat House is made of cedar and
is finished with an environmentally safe
The interior chamber is dark and
vented for bat comfort, and the inside walls are roughly grooved to
give bats a place to cling to. This house has an approximate 150 bat capacity with holes connecting the two interior roosting chambers.
See full size photo
||Exterior Wood Stain Colours
- House is fully assembled and ready to use
- Made from tongue-and-groove Cedar
- Choice of finish:
- Finished with a UV-resistant environmentally-friendly stain. Read more.
- Unfinished (do-it-yourself)
- Brass corrosion-resistant metal screws
- Bottom is open and is self cleaning
- Inside (two sided) slot ladder for bats to climb from landing strip and up into roosting chambers
- Two holes (1.5 inch) connect interior roosting chambers.
- Standard 19 mm (3/4 inch) chamber gap
- Installation instructions included for mounting bat house on a pole, post or building.
- Overall dimensions (LxWxH): 71 x 13 x 78 cm (28 x 5 x 31 inches)
We recommend you place your Bat House:
- On a post, tree
or building wall at least 10 feet above the ground,
- In a
location facing south / southeast,
where it will receive 7 hours of direct
morning sunlight per day.
- In close proximity to a permanent stream
or pond - this is essential. (Bats will drink
from a swimming pool, however!)
- Nearby to a wooded area - this is where bats take cover when danger is near.
| Bat House, Wide Two Chamber, Cedar, Ebony Tone stain