Cedar Bat House - Narrow Three Chamber
If you know you have bats in your area and are looking for a little bit larger roosting space, this might be the right house for you. Designed specifically for the cooler climates north of the 49th parallel, our Bat Houses meet or exceed the criteria for occupancy success established by the internationally recognized Bat conservation organization, Bat Conservation International. This is a three-chamber, half-width house which has 1.5 times the roosting capacity of our full-width single chamber Bat House. It's made of cedar and
is finished with an environmentally safe wood stain.
The interior walls are roughly grooved to
give bats a place to cling to. Available pre-stained in black, or unfinished for the do-it-yourselfer.
See full size photo
||Exterior Wood Stain Colours
- House is fully assembled and ready to use
- Made from tongue-and-groove Cedar
- Choice of finish:
- Finished with a UV-resistant environmentally-friendly stain. Read more.
- Unfinished (do-it-yourself)
- Bottom is open and is self cleaning
- Inside (two sided) slot ladder for bats to climb from landing strip and up into roosting chambers
- Standard 19 mm (3/4 inch) chamber gap
- Installation instructions included for mounting bat house on a pole, post or building.
- Overall dimensions (LxWxH): 41 x 17 x 78 cm (16 x 6.5 x 31 inches)
We recommend you place your Bat House:
- On a post, tree
or building wall at least 10 feet above the ground,
- In a
location facing south / southeast,
where it will receive 7 hours or more of direct
sunlight per day.
- In close proximity to a permanent stream
or pond - this is essential. (Bats will drink
from a swimming pool, however!)
- Nearby to a wooded area - this is where bats take cover when danger is near.
|Bat House, Narrow Three Chamber, Cedar, Ebony Tone stain