Cedar Bat House - Small Rocket Bottle
If you’re just getting ‘into’ bats or are on a budget, this might be the right house for you. Designed specifically for the cooler climates north of the 49th parallel, our Bat Houses meet or exceed the criteria for occupancy success established by the internationally recognized Bat conservation organization, Bat Conservation International. This compact and ready-to-mount Bat House has pre-drilled holes for easy installation and has 50% more roosting capacity than our Narrow Single Chamber Bat house. This Bat House is made of cedar and
is finished with an environmentally safe wood stain.
The interior walls are grooved to
give bats a place to cling to.
See full size photo
||Exterior Wood Stain Colours
- House is fully assembled and easy to install
- Made from rough sawn Western Red Cedar
- Finished with a UV-resistant environmentally-friendly stain. Read more
- Bottom is open and is self cleaning
- Inside (two sided) slot ladder in each chamber for bats to climb and roost
- Three roosting chambers with standard 19 mm (3/4 inch) chamber gap
- Pre-drilled mounting holes.
- Online installation instructions
- Overall dimensions (LxWxH): 21 x 16 x 106 cm (8 x 6 x 42 inches)
We recommend you place your Bat House:
- On a post, tree
or building wall at least 10 feet above the ground,
- In a
location facing south / southeast,
where it will receive 7 hours or more of direct
sunlight per day.
- In close proximity to a permanent stream
or pond - this is essential. (Bats will drink
from a swimming pool, however!)
- Nearby to a wooded area - this is where bats take cover when danger is near.
|Bat House, Small Bottle Rocket, Cedar, Ebony Tone stain